Improve your Zero Drop score! Get in touch with Veolia today.
Veolia Water Technologies South Africa (Veolia) is perfectly positioned to help you reduce water loss and increase the efficiency with which you use water at any of your plants. In other words, Veolia has the experience, expertise, technologies and processes for effective water conservation and demand management (WCWDM). Not only will this help your company, plant or municipality acquire the required certification from the DWA, but the methods used may contribute to decreased plant water costs while helping to sustain South Africa’s limited water resources.
NO DROP CERTIFICATION PROGRAMME FOR WATER USE EFFICIENCY AND WATER LOSS MANAGEMENT: WHAT’S REQUIRED?
Water use efficiency and reducing water loss is what is required. Water demand management is the adaptation and implementation of a strategy or a programme to influence the water demand and usage of water in order to meet certain required objectives.
These objectives could fall in one or more of these categories: economic efficiency, social development, social equity, environmental protection, sustainability of water supply and services and political acceptability.
To achieve No Drop status, companies and municipalities are graded according to water use efficiency and the reduction of water losses.
Water reuse and recycling is critical for municipalities and industry to meet their water requirements. Water can be reused in a variety of options and be achieved at any volume, according to the application requirements. Veolia, backed by a leading portfolio of high-efficiency, low-footprint treatment technologies, is able to treat even the dirtiest, polluted wastewater to potable and even ultrapure standards.
Water treatment applications:
Veolia’s water treatment applications for water reuse, as potable or process water, include:
- Full potable reuse
- Facility cooling
- Boiler feed water
- Industrial process water
- Irrigationin agriculture and urban green spaces
- Ground water storage and recovery
Choosing Veolia, means you have the support to ensure you meet all requirements to qualify for the No Drop/Zero Drop status.
Click here to find out how we can help you.
Veolia has provided water reuse solutions for full potable reuse, facility cooling, boiler feed water, industrial process water, irrigation in agriculture and urban green spaces, as well as ground water storage and recovery.
These applications have been successful because of Veolia’s globally developed world leading water reuse and recycling technologies. These are: clarifiers, softeners, biological aerated filters, evaporation technologies, disc filters, RO membranes and chemicals.
In achieving these, Veolia has evolved to a world-leader in water reuse technologies. There is not only one specific technology that applies to water reuse. Technology combinations involving clarification, reverse osmosis, evaporation and chemical treatment are involved: These technologies are:
- Actiflo® Turbo – The ultimate clarifier
- Actiflo® Softening Process – High rate softening solutions
- BIOSTYR™ – Biological aerated filter
- EVALED™ – Evaporation technologies
- HYDROTECH – Low footprint discfilters
- MULTIFLO™ – Proven clarification/settling solutions
- SIRION™ Mega – Reverse Osmosis systems
- OPUS® Process – Reverse Osmosis membranes for high water recovery
- HYDREX™ Chemicals – Water treatment chemical solutions
Veolia’s Operations and Maintenance Division has the capacity to operate and maintain water and wastewater municipal and industrial treatment plants of all sizes, and on a continuous basis.
Operational contracts from Veolia include:
- Technical assistance: assess the state of a plant and make recommendations regarding plant upkeep and the required maintenance or replacements. Veolia conducts all replacements and provides the necessary spares and consumables.
- Operation without maintenance: includes manpower for the day-to-day operation of water treatment plants and excludes maintenance, spares and consumables.
- Planned maintenance without operation: scheduled maintenance visits and all spares and consumables provided and replaced before a breakdown can be experienced.
- Operation and maintenance: full operational and maintenance support, Veolia engineers manage the day-to-day operations of the water treatment plant and ensure that the maintenance and replacement of spares and consumables are done on schedule, which helps prevent unscheduled interruptions and breakdowns.
- Build, own, operate: all water treatment equipment is supplied at Veolia’s cost and Veolia operates the plant on the customer’s behalf while delivering a product (usually water) under a contracted cost. In other words, Veolia acts as a water utility, removing the responsibility of ensuring the efficient running of the plant from the client and providing the financing for the installation of the plant.