Our water treatment solutions include:
- Potable / drinking water production
- Domestic wastewater / sewage treatment
- Containerised water and wastewater treatment plants
- Industrial process water treatment
- Seawater desalination
- Water reuse
- Zero liquid discharge (ZLD) of industrial waste
- Valuable substance recovery (biogas and biomass)
- Mine water solutions, incl. acid mine drainage
Designing A Water Treatment Process To Your Requirements
We have the skills, experience and technologies to meet any water purification requirement. Whether this is overcoming potable water supply challenges or resolving wastewater treatment issues, we help municipal and industrial clients grow sustainably and improve profitability.
Veolia combines technologies and engineering services to develop complete water purification solutions delivered as packaged products or customised turnkey systems as our customers require.
Whether a greenfield project or an existing operation, we always begin by understanding the complete water treatment cycle of each unique application, so that our engineers and technologists can tailor the most cost-effective treatment solutions for each individual application.
Our mission is to
- measure and enhance environmental and economic performance
- help customers turn wastewater into a resource
- implement energy-efficient water treatment strategies
Speak to a leading water treatment company today! Call us on +27 10 040 7310 or send us an enquiry.
Solutions for municipal water treatment
We help Africa’s municipalities provide water services for both urban and rural areas. We supply municipal water treatment solutions for drinking water, sewage and wastewater, re-use, sludge treatment and incineration.
In so doing, we’re helping municipalities address and overcome scarce water resources and health and sanitation concerns, all the while meeting stringent environmental regulation
Solutions for industrial water treatment
We cover the complete range of industrial water treatment systems, from potable water treatment and wastewater treatment in remote mining camps, to helping industry achieve zero liquid discharge (ZLD).
Veolia South Africa services the following industrial markets:
Veolia Water Technologies South Africa is an SABS ISO 9001:2008 compliant water treatment company, and all items manufactured by the company or subcontractors are inspected in accordance with approved Quality Control Plans (QCP).
Speak to Veolia Water Technologies about your water treatment requirements! Send us an enquiry here.
GLOBAL EXPERTISE, IN SOUTHERN AFRICA
Solutions for industries
Veolia Water Technologies South Africa is part of the international Veolia Water Technologies Group, a world-leading water treatment company with over 160 years’ experience in water purification systems.
Veolia has supplied over 100 million people with drinking water and connected over 63 million people to wastewater systems. It manages over 4 200 drinking water production plants and over 3 300 wastewater treatment plants.
In 2017, Veolia was distinguished for three categories at the Global Water awards, underlining the water treatment company’s ability to deliver forward-thinking innovations to resolve critical water challenges:
- Water / Wastewater Project of the Year
- Municipal Desalination Plant of the Year
- Industrial Desalination Plant of the Year
Veolia also received the Water Reuse and Conservation Award at the International Desalination Association Conference 2016. These recent accolades underscore Veolia’s position amongst the world’s top water treatment companies.
Veolia Water Technologies South Africa is committed to B-BBEE and transformation in South Africa. The water treatment company welcomed Ceracure on board as a shareholder in 2017, which is sparking new synergies and business development opportunities. Read more about our partnership with Ceracure.
COMPLETE RANGE OF WATER TREATMENT SERVICES:
From small-scale, temporary mobile plants to full-scale large plant builds, Veolia supplies the A to Z of water treatment solutions, tailored to your unique requirements:
Design & Build | Large-scale civil plants
Veolia designs, installs and commissions large-scale custom-engineered water and wastewater treatment plants as a turnkey solution through our Design & Build division.
Veolia is the water treatment
company behind some of southern Africa’s most important water purification plants,
- The Mossel Bay Desalination Plant, the largest desalination plant in South Africa. Using reverse osmosis water treatment, the plant treats up to 15 Ml/day.
- The Goreangab Water Reclamation Plant in Windhoek, Namibia. The largest plant of its type in the world, it treats wastewater and semi-purified sewage to a potable standard to supply 21 Ml/day of purified water to the city.
- The landmark Durban Water Recycling Plant, which treats sewage and industrial wastewater to near potable standards, supplying 47.5 Ml/day to high volume industrial customers.
- In an example of harvesting high-value resources from wastewater treatment technologies, the award-winning crystalliser plant at Ambatovy Mine in Madagascar dries up to 210 000 tons of ammonium sulphate per year, which it sells as a high-quality agricultural fertiliser.
Engineered Systems | Plug-and-play containerised plants
Containerised plants are proving increasingly desirable water treatment solutions, and include containerised potable water treatment plants, containerised sewage treatment plants as well as mobile (truck-mounted) plants.
These scalable, flexible ‘packaged plant’ solutions can be fabricated with quick turnaround times through our local manufacturing facilities in Johannesburg, and thus are ideal in responding to urgent, critical water challenges.
They can be fabricated for any treatment application, and can be added to, adapted and redeployed as water treatment requirements shift. A package water treatment plant is an ideal option for short-term / temporary water treatment solutions.
Veolia is also introducing a new standard products range, a portfolio of packaged solutions of specific, adapted Veolia products and technologies for specific market bases in Africa. These include treatment solutions for municipal drinking water and wastewater, industrial process water and wastewater, agriculture, aquaculture, power generation, mining, pharmaceutical and food and beverage. The standard product range is just the latest additions to a culture of innovation that makes Veolia a leading water treatment company in South Africa.
Water Treatment Chemicals | The Hydrex™ chemicals range
Veolia’s Hydrex™ chemicals range includes over 400 chemical formulations to provide a chemical conditioning solution for any application:
- 1000 Series: boiler water treatment chemicals
- 2000 Series: cooling water treatment chemicals
- 3000 Series: chemicals treatment of drinking water
- 4000 Series: membrane anti-scalants and cleaners
- 5000 Series: industrial maintenance chemicals
- 6000 Series: clarification and treatment of wastewater
- 7000 Series: biocides with broad-spectrum activity and legionella control
- 8000 Series: process and speciality water treatment chemicals
- 9000 Series: range of other applications
Operation & Maintenance | Service contracts to your needs
We’ll take care of your water cycle while you concentrate on your core business! Veolia can manage on-site water treatment plant operation requirements with tailored chemical dosing programmes, helping customers optimise water purification processes at a lower cost. With a leading water treatment company as your O & M partner, we’ll constantly work to enhance your water treatment cycle through the most effective, appropriate chemical formulae.
Services & Consumables | Maximise your equipment uptime
Our Services division maintains strategic stockholdings of water treatment-related equipment and consumables. This includes everything from sand, gravel and other filtration media to ion exchange resin, mixers and dosing systems, spares, water softeners and more.
Get in touch with an expert water treatment company in South Africa! Call us on +27 10 040 7310 or click here to send us an enquiry.
VEOLIA TECHNOLOGIES: THE BENCHMARK IN WATER TREATMENT
Our portfolio of over 350 proprietary treatment technologies features everything from online diagnostic solutions to evaporation and crystallisation, energy-producing sludge treatment, state-of-the-art reverse osmosis systems and mobile water treatment plants.
These technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in delivering water purification systems that add value to our customers’ operations. A full water treatment company, Veolia’s technologies include:
- Physical and chemical processes
- Biological water treatment
- Anaerobic wastewater treatment
- Filtration and separation
- Extraction and water softening
- Ion exchange
- Membrane-based technologies (incl. RO)
- Evaporation and crystallisation
- Biosolids and bioenergy
- Water treatment chemicals
Explore our water treatment technologies in more depth here.
DO YOU KNOW YOUR TRUE COST OF WATER?
Making sure you have the best water treatment system in place will help you drive down operational costs and improve availability!
As a total water treatment company, our approach focuses maximising efficiency across the water treatment cycle; ensuring availability; and mitigating the risk of costly water disruptions, based on a holistic understanding of the role of water in your operation.
For industry, this considers what bottom-line costs would be in the event of an interruption to production, either because of feed water problems that cause plant processes to shut down, or, in terms of discharge issues that may contravene environmental regulations and force a shutdown.
Solutions might range from re-evaluating operations and maintenance, expanding existing infrastructure, or looking internally at how water can be reused or used more efficiently.
For municipal water treatment companies and utility boards, Veolia can help alleviate strained, overburdened infrastructure by ensuring treatment equipment and processes are optimised for maximum efficiency, safety and performance and reduced environmental impact. This means increased wellbeing for our communities while protecting our natural heritage.
Veolia can help water authorities and municipalities prevent risk rather than react to it through costly mega builds that seek an exponential capacity supply in a short space of time