This range of water treatment chemicals optimises the entire water cycle while reducing treatment plants' operating and maintenance costs.
Backed by Veolia's Southern African team of experienced and knowledgeable professionals from South Africa, Namibia and Botswana, Hydrex™ water treatment chemicals are of the highest quality, featuring ISO certification. Selected products also carry the SABS Foodgrade approval mark.
Download Hydrex™ brochure here
Hydrex™ Chemical Range
Boiler water treatment chemicals
Hydrex™ 1000 series:
These water treatment chemicals are used to control scaling or corrosion conditions within heat exchange water circuits.
- Reduce scaling and corrosive conditions typical of most boiler water systems.
- Control scale and corrosion to help ensure internal boiler integrity and safe, cost-effective operation.
Boilers are used in most industries where any form of heat is required within a process, i.e. Coca Cola Bottling Plants.
Cooling water treatment chemicals
Hydrex™ 2000 series:
These specialty water treatment chemicals are used to control scaling or corrosion conditions within heat exchange water circuits.
The BHP Billiton Hillside Smelter is a good example of a large cooling system used to control the furnace temperatures. Here, water treatment chemicals can maintain specific water qualities and conditions.
Flocculants and polymers
Hydrex™ 3000 series:
Although mostly used for potable water clarification in bottling plants and sewage water treatment systems, these water treatment chemicals also offer advanced flocculation for industrial and mining applications, i.e. underground settling flocculants.
- These are mostly used for the cost-effective clarification of water streams, removing solids and turbidity.
- Most Coca Cola plants have pre-treatment water plants where these products are added to improve their product water quality.
- The spectrum of usage is very wide and, overall, makes dirty water cleaner.
- Full technical support and application assistance available.
- Products imported at competitive resale prices.
Chemicals for the optimisation of membrane processes
Hydrex™ 4000 series:
- Membrane plant maintenance and cleaning chemicals
- These water treatment chemicals help to ensure the protection of expensive membrane elements, keeping them scale and bacterial growth free, while avoiding external elemental degradation.
- An overall reduced plant running cost can be realised if good water treatment chemicals are used.
- Our maintenance range also includes water treatment chemicals for off-line cleaning of plants; another critical aspect of membrane plant operations.
Industrial maintenance chemicals
Hydrex™ 5000 series:
Hydrex™ 7000 series:
Biocides are formulated for bacterial, algae and fungi control and elimination in cooling water systems.
- Applications are mostly for cooling systems, where bacterial activity greatly affects the performance of cooling or heat exchanger efficiencies. Biocides have further application in treating water for re-use, i.e. recycled, effluent or sewage water.
- Our international Hydrex™ range for biocides cover most industrial applications.
Sanitising chemicals and disinfectants for the Food & Beverage Industry
Hydrex™ 8000 series:
- Developed mainly for the bottling industry over the past 30 years.
- These chemicals cover a broad spectrum of uses within the beverage or food plants.
- Chemicals are used for crate and bottling washing, CIP cleaners for syrup rooms and process lines and filler units.
- Sanitisers are used for bacterial control, assisting clients to meet quality standards, HACCP accreditation, etc.
- Our sanitising range includes products that clean stainless steel and process equipment items with heavy duty detergents and degreasers.
Coca Cola plants in South Africa use this Hydrex™ product range.
Hydrex™ 8000 series:
- The use of chain lubricants enhances bottle movement, reduces wear and maintenance of the conveyors
- Improve hygiene conditions
Find out more about our range of Hydrex™ Chemicals!
Hydrex™ water treatment chemicals apply to:
- Power plant water treatment
- Food & beverage water treatment
- Mine water treatment, including acid mine drainage
- Petrochemical water treatment
- Pharmaceutical water treatment
- Paper water treatment