Veolia Water Technologies South Africa manufactures the complete Hydrex™ range of specialised proprietary water treatment chemicals for industrial and municipal water systems.
Manufactured to the highest international quality standards at our Pomona manufacturing plant in Johannesburg, we help companies achieve their water treatment requirements and optimise their operations costs.
We manufacture the complete range of water treatment chemicals for general industry; mining; oil & gas; food & beverage; petrochemicals; pharmaceuticals; power generation, municipal and more.
Our Chemicals division optimises your water cycle:
- Capacity to produce up to 1 500 tpm means fast speed to market
- Supplied internationally, across Africa and beyond
- Highest quality standards (ISO, SANS, ANSI/UL, HACCP, SANS Foodgrade, etc.)
- Selected chemicals carry official international membrane OEM approval
Speak to our Chemicals division about your chemical requirements. Get in touch today!
Veolia’s new 1 500 tpm chemicals facility was commissioned in 2018. The 6 600 m2 facility demonstrates Veolia’s commitment to world-class manufacturing, safety and environmental standards.
It is equipped with pre-treatment capabilities that can produce softened or demineralised water as ingredient water as required by our customers’ high-specification industrial water treatment systems. This is critical for specialist treatment applications such as reverse osmosis plants and for industries such as offshore oil and gas in West Africa.
A new, state-of-the-art wet laboratory provides the highest quality management of the chemical products, as well as optimise the sampling requirements of Veolia South Africa’s other business divisions. Improved laboratory capacity, including the expansion of microbiological analysis capabilities, has reduced turnaround time for water treatment analyses, both in-house and for our customers.
In addition to world-class chemical manufacturing facilities, the building is also designed with a small environmental footprint. With Veolia technologies such as the Evaled evaporator and crystalliser system, up to 90% of the facility’s wastewater is recycled.
Supporting our Ambitions For Africa
Our expanded capacity and world-class chemical manufacturing facilities have positioned Veolia South Africa as the specialist chemical supplier to support our customers across Africa and beyond.
Veolia has established this manufacturing plant to conform to local requirements of countries across Africa, and is supported by a strategic distribution and technical support network across the continent to meet our Ambitions for Africa strategy.
Contact our Chemicals division today to get the highest-quality chemicals for your water cycle!
The Hydrex™ Chemicals Range:
Boiler Water Treatment Chemicals
Hydrex™ 1000 series:
These water treatment chemicals are used to control scaling or corrosion conditions within heat exchange water circuits.
- Reduce scaling and corrosive conditions typical of most boiler water systems.
- Control scale and corrosion to help ensure internal boiler integrity and safe, cost-effective operation.
Cooling Water Treatment Chemicals
Hydrex™ 2000 series:
These specialty water treatment chemicals are used to control scaling or corrosion conditions within heat exchange water circuits.
- Control scaling and corrosive conditions prevalent in most cooling water systems.
The BHP Billiton Hillside Smelter is a good example of a large cooling system used to control the furnace temperatures. Here, water treatment chemicals can maintain specific water qualities and conditions.
Flocculants and Polymers
Hydrex™ 3000 series:
Although mostly used for potable water clarification in bottling plants and sewage water treatment systems, these water treatment chemicals also offer advanced flocculation for industrial and mining applications, i.e. underground settling flocculants.
- These are mostly used for the cost-effective clarification of water streams, removing solids and turbidity.
- Most Coca Cola plants have pre-treatment water plants where these products are added to improve their product water quality.
- The spectrum of usage is very wide and, overall, makes dirty water cleaner.
- Full technical support and application assistance available.
- Products imported at competitive resale prices.
Chemicals For Membrane Processes
Hydrex™ 4000 series:
Used in reverse osmosis plants, these water treatment chemicals from Veolia South Africa have international membrane suppliers' approval, i.e. Hydraunatics, Dow.
- Membrane plant maintenance and cleaning chemicals
- These water treatment chemicals help to ensure the protection of expensive membrane elements, keeping them scale and bacterial growth free, while avoiding external elemental degradation.
- An overall reduced plant running cost can be realised if good water treatment chemicals are used.
- Our maintenance range also includes water treatment chemicals for off-line cleaning of plants; another critical aspect of membrane plant operations.
Industrial Maintenance Chemicals
Hydrex™ 5000 series:
Used mainly for cleaning fouled surfaces (such as scale build-up in heat exchangers, descaling of boilers, etc.), this range of water treatment chemicals includes products for pH control in mining applications and of mine water streams.
Wastewater Treatment Products
Hydrex™ 6000 series:
The Hydrex™ 6000 Series includes chemicals designed for specifically for industrial process and industrial effluent treatment. This product series includes:
- Organic and inorganic coagulants
- Flocculants (anionic and cationic emulsions, powders and beads)
- Antifoaming agents
- Odour Control
- Metal Removal
- Green chemistry
Hydrex™ 7000 series:
Biocides are formulated for bacterial, algae and fungi control and elimination in cooling water systems.
- Applications are mostly for cooling systems, where bacterial activity greatly affects the performance of cooling or heat exchanger efficiencies. Biocides have further application in treating water for re-use, i.e. recycled, effluent or sewage water.
- Our international Hydrex™ range for biocides cover most industrial applications.
Hydrex™ 8000 series:
The 8000 series is a complete range of specially formulated chemical formulae for industrial processing applications. This product series’ applications include:
- Chain lubricants
- Conveyor lubricants
- Food and Beverage
- Bottle washing
- Tank cleaning
- Crate washing
- C.I.P. cleaners
Hydrex™ 9000 series:
Veolia offers solutions for each specific requirement in terms of chemical water conditioning, including tailor-made formulations as part of our Hydrex™ 9000 chemicals. Chemicals within this range include:
- Odour control
- Dust control
- Thermal desalinisation
- Fuel additives
- Lye additives