Products and Technologies
Membrane separation processes cover the entire spectrum of:
- Microfiltration (MF)
- Ultrafiltration (UF)
- Nanofiltration (NF)
- Reverse osmosis (RO)
Membratek has extensive experience in the following membrane applications:
- Desalination of seawater and industrial process streams
- Production of potable water from brackish supply
- Recycling of water and separation of effluent streams
- Recovery of valuables from effluent and process streams
- Removal of sulphate from injection water in off-shore oil production.
- Concentration of inorganic and organic constituents in waste streams for recovery or disposal
- Removal of COD / BOD from effluent streams
Who is Membratek?
Membratek is a division of Veolia Water Technologies South Africa and offers a full spectrum of membrane filtration products and services, including tubular membrane technology.
Membratek has been at the forefront of developing and manufacturing tubular ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis membrane products since 1978.
Membrane Production Facility
Our manufacturing plant facilities are geared toward the production of a range of tubular membranes and modules.
Tubular Membrane Range:
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) membranes
- Ultrafiltration (UF) membranes
Tubular modules offer great flexibility, as the internal tube connections are optimised to suit the application. Connections may be parallel, in series or in a parallel/series combination. For applications that demand a particularly robust system, the following types are specified: