Our interactive web application, technomaps, details our key technologies for industry.
Industrial Water Treatment Solutions
Our industrial water treatment solutions are divided into 3 broad categories: Water Treatment Processes, Wastewater Treatment, and Markets.
Water Treatment Processes
Water treatment processes from Veolia South Africa include water purification package plants, water purification technologies and reverse osmosis plants. These processes allow our customers to treat industrial water for both process and potable water to industry standards, and both local and international regulatory requirements.
Water purification package plants, also called modular plants or containerised plants, are easy to transport and designed for ‘plug-and-play’ action with minimal moving parts. Water purification technologies achieve highly purified water for specialised industrial use and for potable water; and reverse osmosis plants facilitate water recycling and reuse, among others, and are instrumental in aiming for zero liquid discharge.
Click here to read more about our water treatment processes.
Wastewater treatment solutions from Veolia South Africa incorporate industrial wastewater treatment; package plants for wastewater treatment; wastewater treatment chemicals and wastewater treatment technologies. Wastewater is treated to either process or potable water standards, with distinct benefits to both industry and municipalities.
Wastewater treatment technologies are tailored to meet the strictest disinfection and purification specifications; wastewater treatment chemicals are part of Veolia’s Hydrex range of chemicals; package plants for wastewater provide several economic benefits, are compact, reliable and easily transportable to remote locations; and industrial wastewater treatment provides solutions for specific industries.
Click here to read more about our wastewater treatment processes.
Industrial water treatment for markets is designed to aid companies in South Africa and Africa produce process water according to industry standards, recycle plant water for reuse, discharge water that does not cause environmental damage and manage wastewater correctly. Veolia has identified 8 niche markets for which it has developed tailored industrial water treatment solutions.
- Automotive plants: use reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration and microfiltration for high quality products
- Food and beverage: make use of multimedia and membrane filtration, activated carbon filtration and UV disinfection
- Mine water and wastewater: treats mine sludge, enables reuse of process water and extract valuable minerals from water streams
- Petrochemical: Designed specifically for the oil & gas upstream and downstream industries, key technologies for oil/water separation and sludge treatment are used
- Pharmaceutical: used to achieve highly purified water, pyrogen-free water and water for injection
- Power Plant: ideal for boiler feed water, cooling water production, water chemical condition, effluent treatment and water reuse
- Pulp and Paper: included in the range of treatments are black liquor, chloride and potassium removal technologies. Some processes recover fibre and more from waste streams
- Steel Processing: Technologies like clarification, crystallisation and membrane technology are used and can be combined to present a Zero Liquid Discharge solution, used for water reuse and safe discharge, among others
Industrial Water Treatment Benefits
We create and implement tailored or standardised industrial water treatment solutions and industrial wastewater treatment systems. Our industrial engineers combine their expertise with years of operational experience to bring our customers the ultimate industrial water treatment solution.
Our industrial water treatment combined with tailored business strategies provide the following benefits for customers:
- Reduced costs and enhanced savings
- Partnering for continuous improvement
- Operation excellence
- Direct access to proven water technologies and technical innovation
- Recovering co-products and reducing waste
- Dedicated and specialist resources
- Excellence in health, safety and environmental management
- Commitment to your success
Speak to a Veolia expert about the best industrial water treatment solution for your needs.
Industrial Water Treatment Services
Veolia South Africa offers the following industrial water treatment services:
- The design, construction and maintenance of industrial water treatment for sewage and potable water plants
- The management of all water activities including industrial water treatment of contaminated water for reuse
- Water desalination using reverse osmosis, evaporation, crystallization and other methods
- Industrial water treatment chemicals supply
- Boiler feedwater and cooling water treatment with membrane separation and filtration
- Water utilities
We Design And Implement Customised Solutions In A Variety of Industrial Sectors
Find the technology that fits your industrial water needs:
Hydrex™ Water Treatment Chemicals
Veolia South Africa supplies the Hydrex™ range of water treatment chemicals as part of its industrial, municipal and commercial water treatment solutions.
Manufactured in Johannesburg, this range of water treatment chemicals optimises the entire water cycle while reducing treatment plants’ operating and maintenance costs, whatever your water treatment needs.
Operation & Maintenance Services
Veolia Water Technologies offers tailored professional O & M services for existing and greenfield municipal and industrial water treatment works to help you optimise your plant performance and overall treatment costs.
Africa is urbanising at a faster rate than any other region in the world and water remains a long-term challenge. A new approach to water resources management has become a necessity. An approach which combines access to water and sanitation, resilience and efficient resource management.
Veolia Water Technologies (VWT) has a strong presence across Africa. By having a local presence dedicated to serving local customers, we are closer to our African clients, able to provide the best solutions and products adapted to every situation.
Veolia Water Techno Packages come standard with our new AQUAVISTA™ digital services platform. This award-winning technology delivers process optimisation and real time monitoring for your plant, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Manage your plant via Veolia’s secure cloud-based technology to ensure optimum plant performance and reduce overall costs.