Benefits of using Azenit™ in your secondary wastewater treatment:
- Biological treatment is energy efficient, cost-effective and non-polluting
- Complete control of nitrification and denitrification within a single reactor
- Based on years of research, development and operational plants
Azenit™ can be applied as a direct treatment of raw water or downstream of a primary settling stage. The first stage of the Azenit™ entails influent passing through a through a contact zone where inlet water is mixed with recirculated sludge, enabling selection of non-filamentous species and avoiding any floc expansion (bulking).
A biological reactor fitted with a sequential aeration control system eliminates nitrogen and oxidises carbon-based pollution. The bacteria adapt their activity to the conditions of the organic load and nature of aeration.
Azenit™ can be used as:
- biological treatment in a single reactor
- a single reactor with a dedicated anoxic zone upstream in which the mixed liquors are recirculated
There are several variations of Azenit™ as required by your treatment application:
Azenit™: for the removal of nitrogen
Azenit™ P: for simultaneous removal of nitrogen and phosphorous
Azenit™ C+: added methanol for low global residual nitrogen requirements of low COD/N ratios of influent
Azenit™ BIO+: suited for high fluctuations in nitrogen load, the reactor automatically switches between configurations for high load and low load conditions
Azenit™ C-S: for high carbon load industrial influent with high risk of bulking
Contact Veolia today find out how Azenit™ can enhance your wastewater treatment programme!