The removal efficiency of the process used in these mobile water systems depends on the type of membrane element selected, of which there are 2– Ultrafiltration (UF) or Microfiltration (MF). Bacteria,viruses and larger organic substances are removed, and the MWTPis capable of providing potable water in a fast, reliable and cost-effective manner. This makes them an ideal choice in critical situations.
Incoming water is fed to the 4X4 trucks where it undergoes dosing, clarification and membrane filtration. To achieve optimal operation plant operation, it is recommended that Veolia’s range of Hydrex™ chemicals be used.
Mobile water treatment systems are ideal as emergency water purification systems and mobile reverse osmosis water purification units as they are also portable / transportable if required. Veolia’s decades of experience in engineering mobile water solutions for onsite and other applications, makes them the ideal partner for the most reliable mobile and temporary water treatment services and temporary mobile wastewater treatment plants.
Treated water can be reused within the field camp for utilities as showers or other applications
Our mobile water services include treatment for:
- Potable water: Our containerised mobile water systems can treat borehole and surface water.
- Wastewater: Our wastewater treatment plants ensure compliance with international and local environmental legislation while minimising the plant's water footprint.
- Water reuse: Treated water can be re-used within the field camp for utilities as showers or other applications.
Industries and applications for mobile WTP
Mobile WTPs from Veolia are designed for use across many industries and numerous applications.
Some of the industries which benefit greatly from MWTPs include:
- Pulp and Paper
- Power and Mining
- Food and Beverage
The applications for which MWTPs are designed include, among others:
- Surface water treatment
- Potable water production
- Pre-treatment for industrial process water
- Emergency water requirements
- Supplementary water requirements
Features and Benefits of Veolia’s Mobile WTPs
In addition to a self-priming feed water pump skid and CIP skid included with the Mobile WTP, these plants feature:
- Integrated PLC and HMI
- VFD for optimum performance and efficiency
- Ceramic membranes for robust operation
- Integrated compressor and air receiver for air scour of membranes
- No toxic chemical waste stream
- Integrated Diesel Generator
- Fully automated
Several of the benefits gained by using Veolia Mobile WTPs for mobile water treatment include:
- 4X4 off-road capability
- Compact and reliable design
- Proven Technology
- Ease of operation
- Short manufacture lead time
- Quick installation and start up
- Rapid deployment
The reverse osmosis and ion exchange deionisation solutions used in our mobile water filtration plants meet the most challenging and demanding qualities of treated water.
In 2016 Veolia designed and manufactured 4 MWTPs for use in the Kingdom of Lesotho, allowing the country to treat up to 800 m³ of river water each day, which is distributed to communities experiencing extreme water shortages. Read about this unique project here.
Our mobile water treatment plants complement our range of containerised package plants, including Containerised Water Treatment Plants (CWTP) and Containerised Sewage Treatment Plants (CSTP).