Water Treatment Plants
Veolia provides turnkey water treatment plants for municipalities and industry across South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. These plants include:
- Water Purification Plants
- Potable Water Plants
- Desalination Plants
- Modular Water Treatment Package Plants (Water Techno Packages)
Treat municipal water & sewage water and industrial process water & wastewater to your required specs. Enquire now.
Water Techno Packages and Mobile Water Treatment
Water Purification Plant
Water purification plants produce high-quality drinking water on a municipal scale. Veolia provides complete specification, design and build, procurement, installation, commissioning and testing capabilities to deliver turnkey water purification plants that support sustainable, healthy communities.
Containerised Potable Water Treatment Plants (CPWTP)
Our CPWTPS enable Veolia to easily transport these plants to site anywhere in Africa. A distinct advantage of these plants is their plug-n-play capability.
Mobile Water Treatment Plants (MWTP)
MWTPs can be used in most water treatment processes to remove chemicals, biological contaminants, suspended solids and gas from water. Water can be treated to any standard, from discharge water to potable water. Drinking water is treated from ANY water source and used wherever required.
Veolia has supplied more than 103.13 million people with drinking water around the world, and more than 73.1 million people with wastewater services.
Wastewater Treatment Plants
Veolia’s industrial and municipal wastewater treatment plants treat domestic and industrial wastewater to potable or eco-friendly discharge standards – whatever the requirements.
- Treat all types of wastewater
- Extract valuable resources from waste streams
- Achieve Zero Liquid Discharge of industrial water
- Large scale and containerised plants available
Small-scale packaged wastewater treatment plants
Modular in design so treatment capacities can be modified or increased as and when required. They are mobile and manufactured for plug-n-play functionality, enabling easy plant relocation. Manufactured offsite, they are easily transported to where they are needed via road or ship.
Large-scale wastewater treatment plants
Complete large-scale wastewater treatment solutions, including design, construction, commissioning, chemicals supply, operation and maintenance.
Veolia is Africa’s leading total water solutions provider, serving all industries and caring for communities.
Drinking Water Treatment
Veolia has more than 350 technologies in its portfolio that it uses to treat feedwater from numerous natural sources, including the ocean. Treatment solutions can be adapted to unique requirements.
The company also conducts full turnkey projects for the provision of drinking water. Our worldwide network provides expertise to deliver everything required, from large scale water treatment plants to small, modular systems in remote areas (water techno packages).
Sewage Water Treatment
Veolia treats sewage to global standards. To do this, it provides the following solutions:
- Removing / eliminating harmful pathogens
- Clearing hazardous chemicals, detergents and toxins
- Reducing odour and improve water colour
- Separating and extracting valuable substances and clean water
These solutions are achieved through one of the following methods:
- Small-scale sewage treatment process
- This is when the sewage treatment required is part of a smaller municipality or private development
- Large-scale sewage water treatment
- This is when the sewage treatment facility is part of a large scale municipal infrastructure
- Sewage treatment package plants
- Veolia engineers fully containerised, transportable small-scale sewage treatment systems for any location
Treat 5000 residents’ sewage with just 1 package plant from Veolia.
Some advantages for companies using Veolia’s industrial water treatment services:
- Reduced costs and enhanced savings
- Operational excellence
- Recovering by-products and waste reduction
- Access to proven water technologies
Veolia’s offers water treatment processes for industrial water.
- Water purification technologies: water technologies tailored for potable water, and highly purified water for industrial use, such as applications in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- Reverse osmosis plants:tailored for water recycling and water reuse, they also contribute to zero liquid discharge.
Veolia offers tailored turnkey wastewater and water treatment solutions across Africa!
The industrial wastewater treatment technologies used by Veolia are designed to meet the strictest disinfection and purification specifications.
Wastewater treatment processes
Our wastewater treatment processes include:
- Pre-treatment: removes large suspended contaminates, sand and grease with filters and mesh systems
- Primary treatment: removes large solids with clarification and filtration systems
- Secondary treatment: breaks down organic matter with aerobic and anaerobic processes
- Trickling filter digestion: treats domestic sewage with high organic matter, BOD, COD and other pollutants
- Engineering and construction of wastewater treatment processing plants
- Process water production
- Wastewater decontamination
- Recycling treated wastewater and industrial effluents
- Reuse of treated sludge
- Zero liquid or zero effluent discharge
- Recovery of valuable commodities from wastewater
- Operation, maintenance and optimisation of wastewater treatment processing plants
Veolia Services For Industrial Water And Wastewater Treatment
From consumables, such as membranes and chemicals, to complete process-specific water treatment plant systems, Veolia provides efficient, sustainable and lower-footprint solutions for your operation.
Veolia’s Ambitions For Africa
New strategies for water treatment and infrastructure are required to meet the rapid urbanisation and industrialisation in Africa.
Veolia South Africa’s Ambitions for Africa project aims to anchor Veolia in Africa through local partnerships, community engagement and tailor-made solutions that meet the continent’s evolving needs for efficient, robust, low-footprint water treatment solutions.