It’s NOT wastewater! With Veolia’s Leading Water and Wastewater Treatment Technologies, IT’S RESOURCE WATER.
Water And Wastewater Treatment For Municipalities
Veolia's municipal water treatment solutions and technologies are used around the world. Veolia Water Technologies has supplied more than 103.13 million people with drinking water, and more than 73.1 million with wastewater services in over 70 countries.
Drinking Water Treatment
Veolia has 350+ technologies in its portfolio that it uses to treat feedwater from numerous natural sources, including the ocean. Treatment solutions can be adapted to unique requirements.
The company also conducts full turnkey projects for the provision of drinking water. Our worldwide network provides expertise to deliver everything required, from large scale water treatment plants to small, modular systems in remote areas.
Veolia is Africa’s leading total water solutions provider, serving all industries and caring for communities.
Wastewater and Sewage Treatment
Veolia treats sewage to global standards. To do this, it provides the following wastewater (sewage) solutions:
- Removing / eliminating harmful pathogens
- Clearing hazardous chemicals, detergents and toxins
- Reducing odour and improve water colour
- Separating and extracting valuable substances and clean water
All of these are achieved through one of 3 methods:
- Small-scale sewage treatment process : This is when the sewage treatment required is part of a smaller municipality or private development
- Large-scale sewage water treatment : This is when the sewage treatment facility is part of a large scale municipal infrastructure
- Sewage treatment package plants : Veolia engineers fully containerised, transportable small-scale sewage treatment systems for any location
Treat 500 residents’ sewage with just 1 small package plant.
Water And Wastewater Treatment For Industry
Veolia’s industrial wastewater water treatment solutions cater to the requirements of a number of markets. These water treatment methods are designed to aid companies with usable process water and potable water, and help conduct effective water and wastewater management.
Advantages of Veolia’s industrial water and wastewater treatment. Some of the advantages for companies making use of Veolia’s industrial water treatment services are:
- Reduced costs and enhanced savings
- Operational excellence
- Recovering by-products and reducing waste
- Access to proven water technologies
As a water solutions company and one of the top water treatment companies in South Africa, we develop, design, combine or customise water and wastewater treatment solutions tailored to your application requirements – anywhere in sub-Saharan Africa
Industrial water treatment
In order for Veolia’s industrial clients to treat process and potable water to industry standards, Veolia’s offers water treatment processes through various solutions, including mobile or containerised water treatment plants, reverse osmosis plants and water purification technologies.
- Water purification technologies: water technologies tailored for potable water, and highly purified water for industrial use, such as applications in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Reverse osmosis plants: tailored for water recycling and water reuse, they also contribute to zero liquid discharge
Veolia enables municipalities and industries to recycle their process water, extracting maximum value from every drop!
Industrial wastewater treatment
The wastewater treatment technologies used by Veolia for industrial wastewater treatment are designed to meet the strictest disinfection and purification specifications. The company makes use of its patented Hydrex wastewater treatment chemicals; wastewater package plants and industrial water treatment, which is tailored for use.
Veolia’s processes and services for industrial wastewater treatment include:
- Engineering and construction of wastewater treatment processing plants
- Process water production
- Wastewater decontamination
- Recycling treated wastewater and industrial effluents
- Reuse of treated sludge
- Zero liquid or zero effluent discharge
- Recovery of valuable commodities from wastewater
- Operation, maintenance and optimisation of wastewater treatment processing plants
Did You Know?
100% of wastewater can be recycled.
Our Industrial Water And Wastewater Treatment Services
From consumables, such as membranes and chemicals, to complete process-specific water treatment plant systems, Veolia provides efficient, sustainable and lower-footprint solutions for your operation.
The following services for municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment are provided by Veolia:
- Operations: Operate and maintain water and wastewater treatment plants of all sizes on a continuous basis. Contract options include: technical assistance; operation without maintenance; planned maintenance without operation; operation and maintenance; and build, own, operate.
- Chemicals: We supply the Hydrex™ range of water treatment chemicals which optimises the entire water cycle while reducing treatment plants' operating and maintenance costs.
- Service & Consumables: We ensure that water and wastewater treatment plants operate optimally with fully maintained equipment. Services include contracts with on-site preventive and responsive maintenance and technical support.
- Membrane manufacture: Integrated membrane solutions for the global market. Sourced from Membratek, a division of Veolia Water Technologies South Africa, the full spectrum of membrane filtration products and services is provided.
Veolia – We Know Water!
Veolia is the world's LARGEST water treatment company
Since 1853, Veolia has enhanced water treatment solutions through improved plant design, construction, operation and maintenance, to become the world's TOTAL water solutions company.
- Over 96 650 people employed across 70 countries
- 5 090 drinking water plants
- 103 million people supplied with drinking water
- 3 380 wastewater treatment plants
- 9.8 billion m³ drinking water supplied
- 7.3 billion m³ wastewater collected
- 75 million people connected to sanitation networks
Water Treatment Plants
To ensure that you have the water treatment plant suited to your specific application requirements, Veolia provides turnkey water treatment plants for municipalities and industry across South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa.
These turnkey water treatment plants include:
- Water Purification Plants
- Potable Water Plants
- Wastewater Plants (sewage and effluent)
- Desalination Plants
- Modular Water Treatment Package Plants
Our modular water treatment plants ensure you get the benefits of Veolia’s water treatment plants where ever you need them to be!
Containerised Potable Water Treatment Plants (CPWTP)
Our CPWTPS enable Veolia to transport these plants to site anywhere in Africa. A distinct advantage of these plants, in addition to their easy transportability, is their plug-n-play capability.
Containerised Sewage Treatment Plants (CSTP)
CSTPs are cost-effective, compact, reliable sewage treatment solutions with maximum environmental compliance. They are quickly and easily transported to site and installed in a plug-n-play capacity.
Mobile Water Treatment Plants (MWTP)
MWTPs can be used for most water treatment processes to remove chemicals, biological contaminants, suspended solids and gas from water. Water can be treated to any standard, from discharge water to potable water. Drinking (potable) water is treated from ANY water source and used in cities, small towns, to remote settlements in temporary applications.
Wastewater Treatment Plants
Veolia’s industrial and municipal wastewater treatment plants treat domestic and industrial wastewater to potable or eco-friendly discharge standards – whatever the client’s requirements may be.
Some of the benefits of these plants are:
- Treat all types of wastewater
- Extract valuable resources from waste streams
- Achieve Zero Liquid Discharge of industrial water
- Large scale and containerised plants available
Veolia’s plant solutions for wastewater treatment includes large scale and small scale plants
- Large-scale wastewater treatment plants: complete large-scale wastewater treatment solutions, including design, construction, commissioning, chemicals supply, operation and maintenance.
- Small-scale packaged wastewater treatment plants: manufactured offsite and transported to where they are needed via road or ship. They are modular in design which means treatment capacities can be modified or increased as and when required. Their modularity also enables easy plant relocation, so they can move when your site requires it.
Veolia offers tailored turnkey wastewater solutions across Africa!
Veolia’s wastewater treatment processes
Our wastewater treatment processes include:
- Pre-treatment: removes large suspended contaminates, sand and grease with filters and mesh systems
- Primary treatment: removes large solids with clarification and filtration systems
- Secondary treatment: breaks down organic matter with aerobic and anaerobic processes
- Trickling filter digestion: treats domestic sewage with high organic matter, BOD, COD and other pollutants